Translate

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

a segment from Phobia

A segment from Phobia


Ursa said to the Zane; "Zane Andruin how are you and the family Been?"
"Grate, well maybe not grate but pretty good.  welcome gentlemen. have a seat, this is my son Sidian and I'm Andruin!"
  As they each sat down around the circular table in the hart of the room, Ursa introduced them and apologized for the hasty meeting; "I realized the reason for our asking to see you is quite unusual but we're hoping upon hearing our arguments, you'll agree it's the best course of action to take!"
"Ursa, don't take this the wrong way, but, I think you have spent to much time on that Space station ...... I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, I was under the assumption that PASCO dealt with matters concerning space. Although what the Archaeology you mentioned has to do with it has me curious, I fail to understand exactly what it has that involves me.  I probably know less about both of them the majority of the population and at the risk of sounding stupid - what do they have in common?"
  "Lost civilizations, dad, this is why you should have been reading all those articles in the science magazines I have, PASCO has been gearing up to train people on Taganae for exploring other planets as they move outwards into space  AND ...... worlds who's populations have passed out of their existence, to understand who they were, how they lived, where they went and why requires the knowledge of the experts."
   "Wow, I had no idea you know so much about this, Sidian, You present some very good points so far, I'm not sure in what you think I can do to be helpful but its certainly something worthy of attention. Make yourselves comfortable gentlemen we've got a lot of discussing to do!"

 The meeting lasted for several hours with no sign of ending anytime soon.
Each person contributing thoughts and ideas, they talked about Archaeology in general and the valuable information it had provided on the development of the cultures around the planet.  PASCO will need the expertise to gather the same kind of information on far off worlds where the inhabitants cannot speak for themselves.  they went over the current types of equipment and tools and discussed some ideas of yet unknown tools and equipment that would be needed as well as the training the PASCO personnel would require to carry out their mission. when the conversation began to wind down, Zane Andruin sat back in his chair with a thoughtful expression on his face.
   "This has been an interesting discussion. I'm quite impressed, however I missed the part where my help comes in, could someone run it by me again?"
  As the three of them glanced at each other Vytar took in a deep breath and said; "looks like it's my turn to speak, Probably because it's my idea and rather then bore you with a long winded plea. I'll just cut to the point.  these future Archaeologist need intense training to do their job.  while they are learning, they must be as safe as possible. My idea is to use some ready made unknown areas with problems and hazards unforeseen in advance where they can learn to function and do so without dying in the process.  We need access to the Kelmik Regions, all of them, to achieve it.  Further more, I strongly advise Admiral Ursa, PASCO and anyone else involved to engage the services and experties of the best Archeologist in the world to do this training and that's Dathan's Lindaran, Professor at the Karf Mithallis University, I believe I Know for a fact he'd be very willing to sign on!"
    "I know for a fact that he would too Vytar, he not only said he wants in the Kelmik Lands but he has made numerous attempts to sneak in to them, Do brake the news to him gently, I wouldn't want him to go into shock; that should come later when he gets in there and finds whatever he thinks is there.  And Ursa, as a token of my willingness to add your happy group, you may have the pleasure of my sons company, sense I know full well he'll start hounding me for permission to go before you even reach the outer door, also make sure that Professor Dathan knows not to stray away from the main pack - he tends to be a lone wolf when he thinks no one is watching."

No comments: